Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Mother of All Fashion Weeks

When Sister Act 2 came out I was pretty sure the fashion pinnacle could get no higher than Lauryn Hill in her wide leg trousers and peach top. 


But the biggest influence on my love of fashion and beauty has been my mother. She wore suits with shoulder pads, red lipstick and super high heels. She was a business woman and wanted to look the part. Sometimes bold and eccentric, she once picked me up from school sporting a new platinum blonde do. Now her power suits are in the back of the cupboard but it hasn’t stopped me from loving the power and confidence her clothes gave her. In a recent interview with Marie Claire, Domenico Dolce said “Style is all about the attitude of the person, her way of being. You can’t learn it. You either have it or you don’t.” She has it.


Style is in abundance in New York with gorgeous prints at Cynthia Rowley, the lace, leather and dark colour scheme at Jason Wu and the fairytale theme at Marc Jacobs. What can I say I’m a sucker for Disney. 







I can close my eyes and imagine the excitement, the thrill of seeing fashion as it happens and being able to blog about it. I’m so excited I put together an outfit in homage to the marrying of colour and texture at William Okpo. 










Mum never got to go to a fashion week, but I hope one day she can live vicariously through me.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment