Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Year, New Me?



Wow, when I returned to my blog I thought it would have been a couple of months or so, but not 4! Eek!! Anyone would have thought I’d gone missing. Well any excuse to use that pic of Lionel Richie, eh? I literally just look at it and laugh on a regular basis.


Well it’s that time of year when people try to change things about themselves for the better and here I am. Again. I won’t bore you with what I’ve been doing in that time but I will say it involved job hunting, which threatened to completely suck out my essence. But I digress. 

So a new year and hopefully a better me.


Note: I never want to be a new me. That sounds like a science fiction piece where I unzip my skin and step out, glistening and new. And I think most would agree that just sounds yucky. I like who I am, but I know I can be better.

So in came the second week of January and I was ready to start the process of thinking about how I could reach a state of self-actualization. “The second week?!” I hear you shout. Yep, I always think I’ll fair better at sticking to the things I’ve thought about if I start a week after the festivities have ended.

Things I want to achieve this year:
Get a new job
Move into my own flat/apartment
Read more books
Eat my five-a-day
Exercise in some capacity every day
Travel

I used to be study-skills tutor for my university and students would always say to me, “I’ve got so much on my list!” I peeked down at their crumpled and tear-stained college-ruled sheet to see about 50 things. “I reckon you’re right about that” I’d agree. I’m notorious for writing lists, but they’re never long and this one is no exception. In fact I would have preferred it to be a nice and easy five but that’s just because I’m slightly anal. There’s a lot to accomplish there and hopefully I can do it.

So what are you hoping to accomplish this year? Whatever it may be I hope 2012 is your best year yet. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment