Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Moved


So it's been a while since my last post but there's good reason for that. I've moved house and if you've ever moved house you'll realise how stressful and utterly horrible it is. I don't think I'm being dramatic when I say that moving house is like pulling teeth. Ok, I'm sorry to any of my toothless readers but I really don't like it. Anywho. This painting is how I've felt for the last few weeks of uprooting.

But it's not been all bad. In that time I've been very lucky. Freemans.com ran a competition for student fashion writers and I was runner-up! Besides boosting my confidence those lovely people at Freemans also bestowed onto me a shiny new Blackberry mobile. I've just finished a degree at Brighton University (more about that another time) and winning was a great way to sum up my time there.  

Not too much later I was informed that I won tickets to a fashion event hosted by very.co.uk's V-Team. These ladies are like a fashion, home interiors, technology and beauty crime fighting team. I think they might even have capes. There were delicious canapes, gorgeous cocktails, sparkling rose, racks of clothes to peruse and informative presentations. What I considered the biggest win of the night was the discovery of a certain dress.  
£59.00


The Fearne Seagull Print Vintage Dress was worn by one of the presenters and I was immediately taken. The print. The cut. The colour. It just spoke to me. In fact I think it said "Deja, I can get boys to buy you ice cream." Ok, maybe it didn't say that but I'm sure they would. As you can tell, I love this dress. I knew Fearne Cotton did a collection for very.co.uk but I wanted to know if all the pieces were this delicious. It turns out they are.


 On Ebay Very has several listings in their clearance section including these Fearne Vienna Brogues for the incredible price of £5.50. I know, I can't believe it either. They actually come in coral (not black and white, guess they're sold out) but if you're looking to add a pop of colour to an outfit I can't think of a cheaper (or more stylish) way to do it.


Also in clearance is this Fearne Fringe Cocktail Dress. I will probably be commanded to appear in the next production of Chicago. I shall be needing this in that case.


The Fearne Double Poplum Dress is equally appealling. I'm starting to realise that Fearne does great cuts and vintage prints. I might have a girl crush. And there's more on ebay and very.co.uk. Expect snaps of the V-Team event soonish.

Till next time beauties,

Deja xx





0 comments:

Post a Comment